Senior Care Assistant Jobs and Senior Care Jobs
Senior Care Assistant Jobs are open to experienced care workers who have developed their knowledge and usually gained an NVQ2 or NVQ3 in Health & Social Care.
Use the job finder above to search for ‘Senior Care’ vacancies in your area. You can also browse our Senior Care Assistant Jobs Directory.
Senior Care Assistant Jobs Overview
Senior Care Assistant Jobs and Senior Care Jobs are the first step towards management in a care setting.
As a Senior Carer your responsibilities will be shared with a small team of carers. You will manage your team while performing daily tasks, reporting to the Home Manager or person in charge. For this reason senior care assistant jobs are a great opportunity to develop people management skills.
Senior Care Jobs remain very hands on. You will be expected to perform the same duties as before. In addition you will be expected to lead by example at all times. The aim is to motivate and inspire carers to improve the care that they provide as part of your team.
Search for available Senior Care Assistant jobs and Senior Care Jobs using the job finder above.
Requirements of a Senior Care Assistant
Senior Care Assistant Jobs hold a lot of responsibility. The home manager will rely on you to monitor your team and report information with accuracy. Typical tasks may involve you:
- To provide support to care staff
- To ensure the correct completion of documentation and care plans
- To participate in creating the staff rotas
- To conduct and participate in staff appraisals
- To offer constructive direction where applicable
- To contribute in staff meetings and staff training
- To order and distribute medication to residents
- To learn, teach and practice safe systems of work
- To assess risk in regard to the safety of residents, visitors and staff
- To ensure that your team adhere to company and regulatory policies
- To assist residents in their personal care
- To maintain dignity and respect of individuals
- To serve meals and beverages as required
- To ensure bedrooms are kept tidy
- To make residents comfortable however possible
Search for available Senior Care Assistant jobs and Senior Care Jobs or register and we’ll let you know when jobs get posted to the site.