Project Worker Jobs Search and Information
Project worker jobs are for specialised mental health care workers who help to improve the daily lives of vulnerable people in various settings. Usually this is community based. To undertake work as a project worker you will need to have gained previous experience as a support worker.
Use the search bar above to find work in your area, or browse our Project Worker Jobs Directory.
Role of a Project Worker
A project worker will work with any clients living under circumstances that require support. This can be due to mental health issues, alcohol or drug addiction problems, disabilities or family problems. Clients can involve children, youth offenders, sufferers of domestic violence and the homeless in need of support.
There are many structured stages of support for people who require help and project worker jobs vary between institutes, hostels, supported living houses and independent living flats. Project workers help their clients gain the confidence, skills and ability to enhance their lives and re-enter the community. Work mainly involves counselling and key working on a one-to-one basis with clients which requires great care and experience.
Project Work Requirements;
- Have worked with vulnerable adults in a Home, Housing, Hostel, or 1-to-1 setting
- Have worked with adult Mental Health
- Understanding the relevant field of work. Substance misuse, Homelessness, Learning Disabilities, Children and Families etc.
- Have worked within Supported Housing or similar environment.
- Understand project worker jobs purpose
- Understand Housing Management issues.
- Understand benefits systems. Includes DWP, DLA and Housing Benefit. Include managing rent accounts and rent arrears.
- Have experience in Risk Assessment and Support Planning
- Have experience in Health and Safety checks of rooms and communal spaces.
- Have experience in liaising with external agencies.
- Able to recognise and monitor Anti social/challenging behaviour.
- Able to work 1-to-1 with clients. To carefully break down barriers preventing them living independently.
- Support clients in gaining independence.
- Respond to crisis situations calmly and effectively. Could involve self harming or suicide attempts. Following relevant procedures in these incidents.
- Have an understanding of Adult Safeguarding policy and procedure
Search for available project worker jobs using the search bar above. You can also register for us to let you know when vacancies in your area get posted on our site.